Thursday, February 24, 2011

Egyptian Revolution sense of humor

There have been many jokes, pranks and stories after the Egyptian Revolution of 2011. Many have called it the humorous revolution for what the people of Egypt have carried out through the protests and their sense of humor in doing so. In this post I'll present several videos on which were done by Egyptians during the revolution and I thought they were hilarious. 

The first video was done by an Egyptian blogger and movie maker called Ashraf Hamdy (blog). His latest videos was about a recently famous internet activist called Wael Ghonim. (twitter). After his release from  prison and getting interviewed in a numerous number of channels he was accused of many things which was summarized in this video in a sarcastic way. The original video is in Arabic but I managed to find an English subtitled version.

 (Arabic version ) الحقيقة وراء وائل غنيم



The truth behind Wael Ghonim (English subtitled version )




Another video that I would like to share was a clip from a TV report done by BBC Arabic news channel (website, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook). It was a summary of what happened during the Revolution and the humorous parts of it. Unfortunately I couldn't find the video on their official Youtube channel, so the video was uploaded several times online by random people. I'm still searching for a subtitled version though.



So what do you think? I personally salute every Egyptian that went through these rough times and was able to make a joke out of it. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to fight claiming your rights and seeking your freedom.

This post will be updated with new video clips when I get more. please don't hesitate to share with me any video you think is worth watching.

cheers,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment