Saturday, February 5, 2011

Updates ( Family, Design and Politics? )

It's been a while since I last published a blog post, but I promised myself to try post more often in the near future. My last blog post "Quran Stand" was supposed to be updated since forever, I will try to catch up with several updates in this blog post so bare with me people I know you can handle it!.

First of all, the Quran Stand picture I posted was in a very special day to my family and myself. we decided to surprise our parents with a small party in an attempt to honor and celebrate their presence, wisdom and blessings upon us throughout the years. It's easy these days to get absorbed and swallowed up with what's happening around us and how life can be so hectic trying to get ourselves through the day. It wasn't tied up to a special date or anything like a "mothers/fathers day" but what was important is having the chance to remind ourselves on how much we appreciate and love our parents.
As I come from a really big family "mashallah" it was important to include the kids - nephew's and nieces- to be part of this celebration to teach them as they grow up how family is important and of course; the respect of the elderly!


The party had many segments, competitions, kids games, gifts and even speeches! it was more like a festival than a small party! oh yeah we take our parties very seriously. that's how my family role
At the end I swear it was all worth it as I saw the expressions of joy and satisfaction on my parent's faces! I've never seen my dad that emotional before and it was all worth it! and these my friends were the highlights of that event.

Second of all, I'd like to mention that my blog's banner is really really, REALLY old. I desperately need to update it as it doesn't represent my blog here and sounds more commercial-like than a normal blog! Yes I know I need to redesign it as soon as I find time to change it with the blog's theme. Just try to ignore it in the meanwhile until I get off my lazy bottom and change it!. 

Last but not least, I think you are all aware of what's going on in the Middle-east in the past couple of weeks. Media with all it's forms and ways everywhere is so occupied with what's happening in Egypt right now after Tunisia and many Arab countries who are on their way in making history!.I've never underestimated the importance and significance of what's happening these days but I gotta say I recently went through a twitter hard discussion/misunderstanding on what's occupying our youth's attention at the moment. I was too absorbed defending my own female ego to realize that media can distract us from seeing the bigger picture and what's really important.That will need a whole new blog post to keep up with such important events happening around.

until my next blog post, be yourself but don't get too carried away with your own ego to realize what's right from wrong.

cheers,

M

2 comments:

  1. My first time commenting on your blog, I think, but I love the fact that you have your own domain now. Keep this place alive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx alot Kitten :)I really need to blog more often to keep it alive :)
    you need to get your own domain as well, you should have long time ago considering how active you are mashallah ;)

    ReplyDelete