Saturday, June 12, 2010

iPhone 4 is not released in the markets YET people!



WARNING : this post might be boring for those who are "not so tech-freaks", although I didn't go through the technical details as much as I'd love to, but you've been pre-warned!!


 


well I'm a bit late but the reason I'm writing this post is because of the people that keep babbling about iPhone 4 and how it's already out and some stupid rumors that I'd like to address here.

I actually send a long SMS to my friends about this

" iPhone 4 is not released in the markets yet, you can pre-order it from Apple and it'll be released around 23 of this month (actually it's the 24th XD) if my memory serves me, and the prices of iPhone 4 will be almost like iPhone 3Gs so the previous generations prices will go down a bit.
it's impossible and there is no freaking way that the iPhone4 is  sold in stores right now! and the even more ridiculous rumor about it being sold with 90 O.R ( equivalent to $234 !!! ) is so freaking NOT TRUE!, who spread this rumor must have been day dreaming or is cracked headed apparently"

First of all, iPhone 4 was announced about in the WWDC 2010 conference from Apple, you can check about it from the official Apple website,  YouTube clips about Apple official video for the iPhone 4 or just google about it! The pre-ordering proccess started in June15 and it's going to be available starting of June 24 in 5 countries : the U.S,
U.K, Germany, France and Japan! then it will be sold in another 18 countries EXCLUDING the Arab countries in July . Probably the distribution of the iPhone 4 will reach the Arab countries in August! .. sources : Apple & iPhone islam (arabic website)






Second of All
, The features of iPhone4 are enhanced from the iPhone 3Gs with some cool features but for the average user it won't be much of a difference since iOS 4 will be available for the previous generations as well! I won't go to the details of the specifications since many websites and blogs have already covered that area! so get off your lazy bones and just google it!

Ofcourse Apple will market for the new product as if it's the best thing on earth and the old versions of iPhone won't be as hip again!well if you got too much money in your hands then why not!

Third of all,  Apple's products have really one of the most steady pricing status among the years, so saying that the new iPhone price hit the ground is absolutely stupid and unrealistic!! The prices of the iPhone 4 are almost like iPhone 3Gs about $599 (around 230 O.R)  for the 16 GB version $699 (around 269 O.R) for the 32 GB version (for the LOCKED UP ones in the U.S! so it's gonna be more expensive in our regions ).

In our regions it may reach up to $700 (around 269.5 O.R) for the 16 GB version ( this is EXCLUDING the taxes, shipment and whatever reason the retail stores might come up with in our area so be prepared!! XD )

At last, should you get the new iPhone?
here are some questions you should ask yourself before getting one that I found quite interesting! ( translated from a post in iPhone Islam ).



1- Do you love reading alot on the iPhone?
2- Do you use the phone camera alot?
3- Do you like video recording ?
4- Do you game alot in your phone?
5- Is your current iPhone older than iPhone 3Gs?

if your answers for more than one question is Yes, then we recommend you to buy one!

well I promised to blog about it to some friends so here it is folks! hope it helped you even a lil bit XD


Cheers,

Maria 

7 comments:

  1. Speaking in a case like mine, i've always admired the iPhone but never got one, my main motivations to buy the iPhone 4 are,

    - I can afford it now (go figures lol)
    - Flexibility, this thing is VERY smooth and fast
    - 150,000 Applications and games
    - SMS display style
    - 5 MP camera (I'm still with a 3.2MP camera, trust me a 5MP will make me pretty happy)
    - Two way camera (I dont want to miss out on video calling since i already have it in my phone)

    Mainly mainly mainly, its about the apps with me here, there are so many to die for, and every service i come across online (dailyburn.com for example) released its an iPhone app just to be able to go portable like so many other websites have (explosm.net/comics did too!)

    Will i get the iPhone 4? Heck yeah!
    Awesome review (Y)
    Btw, i couldn't help but to see designing/development services on your header, did you major in graphic designing and working in the field by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well good for you then XD
    I can tell you are excited about having a new iPhone
    for a new user I would definately recommend getting the latest one and yeah I couldn't agree more with the points you have mentioned
    except for the two way camera point.. video calling feature is kinda limited!
    you can just call another iPhone 4 user!!!

    well I hope they will fix the limitations in further firmware updates perhaps?

    thanx for your comment , glad u liked it XD

    and regarding the banner, it's pretty much old and I NEED to update it as well as the blog design but got no time to do that! XD

    I majored in IT/Networking but I self learned the web design/development part
    I mainly work on web development, Network observation and photography in the mean while in some companies here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and yeah and one more thing, video call should be done over wifi only!! -_-

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty interesting Maria! I studied Telecommunication Engineering but have been into designing and development for the past 9 years as a hobby, i designed omanternity.com if you came across it, also alhooqani.com, dosoman.com and meofmine.blogspot.com (my blog!), just freelancing here and there at the moment. I'd love to see one of the websites you've worked on if you don't mind, yeah, i'm a freak when it comes to these things lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanx XD .. and mashallah you've got experience in the field more than I do !
    I basically started in 2007 then I joined local and gulf competitions! I was eventually qualified for the international competition but awannah they got no budget for us at the ministry!!!!!!!
    can u imagine that XD
    so basically some of my work belongs to those competitions so it's considered their property !
    I requested my work from 2008 but till now I didn't get anything -_-
    and btw I loved your work .. thumbs up (Y)
    for the mean while I'm handling mhdoman.com , mhdti.com, avonoman.com websites and it's corresponding group companies websites
    am still fighting with the managers to let me change it's crappy design ! XD
    and I'm handling freelencing projects as well but they r under progress .. so in 1-2 months of time they'll be ready
    I'm gonna post an article about it later inshallah and let u know =D

    No worries .. am a freak when it comes to tech too .. so it’s normal .. I think XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Btw! I didn't find any available stock in neither Glasgow nor Londond, so i ordered my iphone 4 to be shipped to Oman a moment ago..
    Its gonna take around a month to arrive, but im sure its gonna be worth it :D!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh really? I thought u already ordered it and it was on it's way!
    btw ur prediction of the prices came true ! xD
    Octopus 2 xD
    in KSA they r selling it with some insane prices up to 900 Omani rials!
    can u believe this xD

    ReplyDelete